Напишите транскрипцию для каждого слова
Дисциплина Перевод и переводоведение
|Заказчик||karina2009 5 36 |
Задание 1. Напишите транскрипцию для каждого слова.
Задание 2. Напишите названия продуктов, воспользуйтесь при необходимости словарем.
1. One red fruit, one yellow fruit, one green fruit;
2. Two things that a strict vegetarian doesn’t eat;
3. Three kinds of food made from milk;
4. Four things people have for breakfast;
5. Five things people eat between meals;
6. Six vegetables you can put in a salad;
7. Seven things which are usually on a table in a restaurant.
Задание 3. Вставьте somebody, anybody, nobody или everybody.
1. Has __ in this group got a dictionary? 2. __ left a magazine in our
classroom yesterday. 3. The question was so difficult that __ could answer it. 4.
I am afraid I shan't be able to find __ in the office now: it is too late. 5. __ knows
that water is necessary for life. 6. Is there __ here who knows French? 7. You
must find __ who can help you. 8. __ knew anything about America before
Columbus discovered it. 9. I saw __ in the train yesterday who looked like you.
10. There is __ in the next room. I don't know him. 11. Please tell us the story.
__ knows it. 12. Is there __ in my group who lives in the dormitory? 13. Has __
here got a red pencil? 14. __ can answer this question. It is very easy.
Задание 4. Заполните пропуски, вставив одно из слов, данных в скобках.
1. We haven't __ black stockings (no, any). 2 They have __ red boots, Kate
(any, no). 3. I don't want __ today, thank you (nothing, anything). 4. "I haven't
got __ clean exercise-books, Mother," said the boy (any, no). 5. "We shall not
buy __ in this shop, children," said the mother (nothing, anything). 6. Didn't you
buy __ potatoes yesterday (any, no)? 7. I didn't see __ in the street when I went
out (anybody, nobody). 8. We did not play __ games in the yard because it was
raining all day long (no, any). 9. There is __ at home (anybody, nobody). 10.
How much did you pay for these boots? - I didn't pay __ (nothing, anything).
They are a present from my grandmother. 11. Have you lost __ (anything,
nothing)? - No, nobody here has lost__ (nothing, anything).
Задание 5. Поставьте следующие предложения в отрицательную и
1. They have done something. 2. He has given them some money. 3. You
have brought something for us. 4. I have taken some English books from you. 5.
She was reading something. 6. He has written a letter to somebody. 7.
Somebody by the name of Smith lives on the third floor. 8. They have some
English books. 9. There are some tall trees in front of their house. 10. Peter has
something in his box. 11. There are some parks in this town, 12. There are some
good book shops in our district.
Задание 6. Прочитайте статью и диалоги.
SPAs – women love them
Can men enjoy them too?
The Sunday Times decided to find out. They sent two journalists, Joanna Duckworth and Stephen Bleach, to spend a day at a health spa, which offers thermal baths, saunas, and steam rooms, an outdoor swimming pool, and of course a wide variety of massages and treatments. These are some of the treatment they had:
Banana, papaya and strawberry body polish
- a treatment which will smooth and hydrate your skin, with a head massage – 40 minutes.
Kanebo Kai Zen facial
- a deep intensive cleansing, with face and neck massage – 1 hr 40 minutes.
Elemis foot treatment
- a foot bath, pedicure and foot massage – 55 minutes.
1. The body polish.
Joanna So? What did you think?
Stephen It was just horrible! Horrible. Fruit’s for eating, not for putting on your
body. It was hot and sticky and incredibly uncomfortable. And I felt so stupid.
I’d never have that again. I give it zero out of ten.
Joanna Sticky? It was fruit for goodness’ sake! I thought it was incredibly relaxing. I mean how could anybody not like it? And the head massage was divine! That was one of my favourite spa treatment ever. Ten out of ten.
2. The facial
Stephen Oh that was so boring. It went on forever.
Joanna I loved it.
Stephen Well, I must admit my face feels different - much smoother. But I'm not sure I really want a smooth face. And it was nearly two hours and she used about 12 different creams and things. It normally only takes me a minute to wash my face — and I just use soap and water — the therapist said I ought to buy five different products!
Joanna Well, I enjoyed every second. My skin feels great - really healthy. I give it nine out of ten.
Stephen Hmm... I give it four.
Joanna Your problem was that you were hungry so you couldn't relax. We could have a fruit juice before the last treatment...
Stephen A fruit juice? Oh, OK then.
3. The foot treatment
Joanna Don't tell me you liked it!
Stephen It was wonderful!
Joanna I must say, your feet look...well, better. Clean anyway.
Stephen Well, I've never liked my feet much to be honest, but now they look great. That was definitely worth the time and money. Nine out of ten. What do you think?
Joanna Yes, it was great. A real luxury. And I love the colour they painted my nails. I agree – nine out of ten.
Ответьте на вопросы к статье:
1. What is SPA? What does health spa offer?
2. What do you know about body polish/facial/foot treatment?
3. Did Stephen like the body polish? What about Joanna?
4. What is Stephen’s opinion about the facial? And Joanna?
5. Did he enjoy the foot treatment? Joanna?